Why Choose Moy Park?
The food industry is an exciting place to be an engineer. Our engineering teams have access to some of the most innovative, modern and technically automated equipment available, to manufacture a wide range of food products for our customers.
Working with industry approved training partners we will support you in your career by giving you the opportunity to practice what you learn in the classroom, back in your workplace and gain invaluable support from a highly skilled engineering team.
With the right attitude our employees can excel in their careers at Moy Park. Our apprenticeship programme will provide you with the right level of training and support to enable you to grow and become a multi-skilled engineer on completion of your four year programme.
We offer a starting salary from £18,250 and the opportunity to earn a competitive salary once qualified.
Would I be suited to this type of career?
Here's an idea of the kind of person we're looking for:-
- I like finding out how things work and learning how to fix them if they're broken
- I want to work in a role that keeps me interested
- I'm great at multi-tasking and managing my time
- I get things done, and people know they can rely on me
- I enjoy working as part of a team, and I don't mind if it sometimes involves getting a bit dirty
- I'd love a job that keeps me fit and active, I don't want to be stuck at a desk all day
We have a few requirements that we would like you to meet, these include:-
- A good academic background
- Grades 4-9 (A-C) in Maths and English or equivalent in GCSEs or Functional Skills
- A passion for the food industry & a desire to learn
- Enthusiastic and passionate about a career in engineering
- Be confident, positive and willing to learn
- The ability to work as a team member and possess good interpersonal, communication and literacy skills
We offer engineering apprenticeship opportunities across all of our sites & in our agriculture division.
Our GB apprentices will complete their training at Birmingham Metropolitan College on a block release basis across 3-4 years of study (all travel & accommodation costs are included as part of the training).
Our NI engineering apprentices will complete their study as a cohort on a day release basis one day a week.
On completing your apprenticeship in Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance at Moy Park, engineers will work to gain further ‘on the job’ experience. As a qualified Multi-skilled maintenance engineer, you will draw on the skills, knowledge and behaviours you have learnt during your apprenticeship programme to become a valued member of Moy Park’s maintenance infrastructure. Your development as a engineer will not stop on completing you apprenticeship (something here about development opps at moy park, your ethos as a company) with the potential to continue your education…..