Why Choose Moy Park?
Our apprenticeship programme offers outstanding learning & development with fantastic opportunities. You will be supported on your personal journey throughout the programme by the Central Technical team who will work with line managers and senior leaders to ensure you achieve your best.
Working with industry approved training partners we will support you in your career by giving you the opportunity to practice what you learn in the classroom, back in your workplace and gain invaluable support from a highly skilled Food Safety & Quality team.
Alongside the degree programme, you will work through a structured programme gaining a breadth of knowledge and skills in food safety, legality, integrity and quality which will prepare you to kick start your career in Moy Park as a site based Quality Assurance Auditor.
With the right attitude our employees can excel in their careers at Moy Park.
We offer a competitive starting salary from £18,500 which will increase throughout the apprenticeship programme.
Would I be suited to this type of career?
Here's an idea of the kind of person we're looking for:-
- I like to work as part of a team and on my own initiative
- I have an assertive, logical approach and like to get things done
- I like to challenge and improve things
- I have good numerical and organisational skills
- I have the ability to live and demonstrate the Moy Park values
- I have good verbal and written communication
- I have a passion for the food industry & a desire to learn
We have a few requirements that we would like you to meet, these include:-
Applicants must have a minimum of three GCSE or equivalent qualifications at Grade C or above including English Language, Mathematics and a science subject.
A minimum of two A-Levels or equivalent qualifications
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in a relevant subject (for example, Food Technology, Food Nutrition and Health, Agriculture, Applied Science)
Level 3 Apprenticeship in Food and Drink (other relevant subject areas may be considered)
A-levels – BBC including a Science subject
BTEC Extended Diploma – DMM, including relevant Science modules
112 UCAS Tariff points from three A-levels or equivalent qualifications, including an A-level equivalent in a Science subject
GCSEs - English and Maths grade C / 4.
Applicants without A-levels will have their qualifications assessed for subject compatibility. Applications are also encouraged from industry professionals or mature students who may not have formal entry qualifications, but who can demonstrate commitment or have relevant experience.
We offer Food Safety & Quality apprenticeship opportunities across all of our UK sites.
Our GB apprentices will complete their training at Nottingham Trent University, Brackenhurst Campus on a block release basis across 3-4 years of study.
Our NI apprentices will complete their training at CAFRE, Loughry campus on a block release basis across 3 years of study.
All travel & accommodation costs are included as part of the training.
What happens after the programme?
On completing your programme at Moy Park, you will have had the opportunity to experience and learn different aspects of a technical role including;
- Auditing of the factory environment to ensure food safety, integrity, legality and quality at all times.
- Gain understanding of the Quality Management System
- Preparing for and being involved in Customer visits/ audits
- Participation in operational problem solving and project work
- Contribute to the Technical department and make a difference by developing skills in line with the Moy Park Technical Competency Framework
You will draw on the skills, knowledge & behaviours you have learnt during your apprenticeship programme to become a valued member of a Moy Park Technical team and take on a role such as a Food Safety and Quality Manager. You will also have access to our fantastic internal development programmes & learning resources which could lead you to anywhere you aspire to reach!